|Overall Rating||No Ratings|
Teeth whitening is the quickest way to a whiter smile, but for those with sensitive teeth dentists usually discourage the use of teeth whitening kits. Today Botanical White has released a unique non-peroxide teeth whitening kit which aims to offer the same benefits, without needing to use strong peroxide based agents.
Lets see how it fares:
Finally a teeth whitening kit for sensitive teeth
Botanical White provides teeth whitening for those of us with sensitive teeth and gums. Most commercial whitening products use carbamide peroxide or hydrogen peroxide to bleach teeth, but at high concentration these can cause some tingling for those with sensitive teeth.
What Comes in the Kit
Botanical White sent us their ‘Ultimate Teeth Whitening’ kit, which includes the following items:
- Two warm and form trays you can customise to your teeth
- The peroxide free whitening agent
- Two aftercare gel tubes
- One tooth shade comparison chart
- One Blue Light accelerator
- One tooth gloss treatment
According to the makers the Blue Light activates the whitening power and accelerates the process. The aftercare gel uses a mineral formula rich with fluoride and calcium phosphate to remineralise teeth after a full treatment. The tooth chart lets you compare your teeth against the models to monitor the progress of whitening. Everything works well, starting with the customisable trays.
How to get started
The kit comes with clear instructions, in a nutshell this is what you do:
- The initial step requires you to mould the trays to your mouth. You only need to follow this procedure once. Set a kettle to boil while you get everything ready. Pour boiling water into a shallow bowl and immerse one tray into the water for 25 seconds. Remove the tray immediately with tongs and place it against the teeth. Bite down while pushing against the back with your tongue and pressing on the front with your fingers. Keep the tray moulded to the teeth for 30 seconds and then remove and rinse under running water to set the shape. Repeat the process with the remaining tray, assigning one to upper and one to lower teeth.
- Before each treatment, you should clean and floss teeth.
- Add thin lines of whitening gel to each tray.
- Place the trays over your teeth and turn on the Blue Light activator.
- Botanical White recommends treating teeth for 30 minutes daily for 14 days.
- The aftercare gel remineralises teeth. You should undergo a separate mineral treatment once a week following the same process for 30 minutes.
- The tooth gloss brightens the smile cosmetically for special occasions, but it can be used daily.
How does Botanical White Work?
The Botanical White formula relies on the power of sodium bicarbonate or common baking soda, long known for its efficacy in cleaning teeth and freshening the breath.
Sodium bicarbonate has many household uses, making it one of the cleaning staples of eco-friendly homes. The chemical formula, NaHCO3, has enjoyed clinical confirmation for its ability to whiten teeth. The chemical is one of a host of natural mineral salts found in springs and mineral deposits. The reagent dissolves harmful plaque, which stains the teeth and leads to developing gingivitis. Baking soda also bleaches away stains in the tooth enamel.
This is a clinically proven teeth whitening agent, and Botanical white contains a strong 40 percent formulation www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10518866.
Found naturally in drinking water, sodium fluoride strengthens the enamel of teeth, which helps to minimise decay and the development of cavities. The British Dental Association maintains that using fluoride toothpaste reduces cavities up to 60 percent.
The extract of the Chamomile flower, which is used in teas, delivers antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory protection to gums and teeth.
Pomegranate Seed Extract
Known scientifically as punica granatum, these seeds fight bacteria that cause plaque and lead to periodontal disease.
Listed chemically as aloe barbadensis, the extract soothes teeth with a coating of antibacterial protection.
This essential nutrient fights infections that lead to oral problems of tooth decay or loss. The scientific name on Botanical White packaging is Ergocalciferol.
Is Botanical White Safe To Use?
Botanical White meets all EU safety guidelines for teeth-whitening products. Unlike harsh carbamide-peroxide formulations, the gentle power of baking soda addresses the latest trend of whitening the teeth at home. Consumers with sensitive teeth, gums, or chemical allergies can now enjoy the benefits of whiter teeth in the comfort of their homes. Anyone can use this product for a brighter smile, fresher breath, and healthier oral hygiene.
Botanical White utilises 100-percent natural ingredients found in nature, but concentrated and blended into an effective formulation to whiten teeth. If you have been previously put off teeth whitening due to sensitive teeth, then look no further than Botanical White.
Where to buy Botanical White?
The best place to get Botanical White is direct at the official www.botanicalwhite.com website here.